4 In stock
Everytime I hear the dirty word exercise I reach for Chocolate Towel
Indulge your chocolate cravings with this silly 100% cotton kitchen towel. Satiate your sweet tooth with The Garden Gates' favorite recipe for No-Guilt Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. Dessert doesn't always have to be sinful.
210 grams whole grain gluten-free flour mix
1 teaspoon whole or powdered psyllium husks
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 packed cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sucanat or white sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 cup cracked hazelnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the dry ingredients: Whisk together the flour, psyllium husks, salt, baking powder and baking soda until they have become one color.
3. Creaming the butter and sugar: Add the cold butter cubes to the bowl of a stand mixer. With the paddle attachment, run the mixer on medium speed until the butter is creamy and softened. Add the brown sugar and sucanat. Blend them together on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl. dd the egg and mix until all traces of egg disappear into the batter. Mix in the vanilla.
4. Finishing the batter: With the mixer running, add the flour a scoop at a time. When all the flour has been added and all trace of flour has disappeared into the batter, scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the chocolate and hazelnuts. Mix until just combined. Turn the cookie dough out of the bowl onto a clean surface. If there is any flour, chocolate, or hazelnuts left in the bowl, mix them into the dough.
5. Baking the cookies: Scoop 30 grams of cookie dough into your hands. Shape it into a ball. Put it on the lined baking sheet, then flatten it a bit with your palm. Smooth out the edges of the cookie disc. Repeat until you end up with 6 cookies on the baking sheet with about 3 inches of space between them.
6. Bake until the edges are crisp and the center is still soft to the touch, about 12 minutes, turning the tray 180 degrees in the oven halfway through baking. Carefully move the parchment paper to a counter and bake the rest of the cookies.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.