Many in stock
Cutting Boards & Trivets
Home to the world-famous Oktoberfest party, Bavaria is one of the oldest European states. Sidled down in the southeast region of Germany, Bavaria boasts a strong culture of eating, drinking and merry-making. Inspired by traditional South German boards, the Bavarian Bread Board is a classic piece made entirely from 19th century reclaimed wood. Try it with the Cherry Berry Beer Bread, a scrumptious send-up of all the things that Bavarians do best: beer, berries and bread.
- Measures 1 inch thick by 22 inches by 16 inches
- Made of reclaimed wood
- Food safe
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup bread flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp fine sea salt
3 tbsp dark brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped fresh blueberries or blackberries
1/3 cup chopped fresh cherries
1 12-oz bottle berry-flavored ale (Blue Moon Blackberry Tart Ale is a tasty choice!)
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Whisk together to blend well and to break up any large clumps of brown sugar. Next, add the chopped berries and cherries. Toss to coat the fruit, then make a well in the center of the bowl. Pour in the beer, and fold all of the ingredients together with a spatula just until combined. The dough will be lumpy.
3. To prepare the loaf pan, pour half of the melted butter into a 9' x 5' pan and spread it on the bottom. Add the dough, and spread it out to fit the pan. Finally, pour the remaining half of the melted butter right over the top of the dough.
4. Bake for 50-55 minutes at 350 degrees. The bread will almost double in volume, and the top of the loaf should be golden brown and crisp. After baking, immediately transfer the loaf to a cooling rack. Cool slightly for at least 8-10 minutes before slicing.
5. Serve warm or room temperature. Enjoy!
Wood Care Recommendations:
To maintain the quality of Europe2You's reclaimed wood pieces, we recommend nourishing your cutting boards regularly with Europe2you Cutting Board Conditioner or food grade mineral oil. A food-safe wax should be applied regularly to trivets.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.