Historically, umbrellas were known far and wide for their selflessness and utility - absorbing the brunt of mother nature’s extremes on behalf of mankind. However, it wasn’t always so rosy for our canopied companions. Umbrellas have truly come a long way over the past two millennia. Beginning as chariot covers in Ancient China, they eventually earned enough street cred to graduate into the realm of fashionable items - becoming commercially viable, personal property in 18th and 19th century Western Europe (see Gustave Caillebotte’s Paris Street; Rainy Weather). Before delving into the specifics of our particular umbrellas, let’s take a moment to recognize that you did, in fact, learn something today. Alright...well umbrellas ARE at least somewhat interesting, right?! All joking aside, here’s some information on a couple of our most popular models from Treasure Garden:
Available in 3 different sizes and 15 attractive color options, these spacious umbrellas (as the name implies) are ideal for display by poolsides or outdoor dining areas. Bases (recommended 70 lbs.) and protective covers are not included with umbrella orders. The specs are as follows:
- 7 ft Commercial Umbrella - 96 in. height, 84 in. canopy diameter (44 sq. ft of coverage).
- 7.5 ft Commercial Umbrella - 92 in. height, 90 in. canopy diameter (49 sq. ft of coverage).
- 9 ft Commercial Umbrella - 96 in. height, 108 in. canopy diameter (64 sq. ft of coverage).
*It is important to note that the 7 ft and 7.5 ft models sport a 4-sided square canopy, while the 9 ft model dawns an 8-sided octagonal canopy.
Treasure Garden Starlight Umbrellas
The Starlight series captures the timeless allure of romantic dining in its functional design. While away the moonlit hours beneath a halo of soft light - regardless of any immediate cloud cover in the area. Owning over 15 chic color options, this umbrella has an 8-ribbed starlight lighting system, collar tilt functionality, and a convenient crank lift. Let’s size up their dimensions:
- 9 ft Starlight Umbrella - 102.6 in. height, 108 in. canopy diameter (67 sq. ft of coverage).
- 11 ft Starlight Umbrella - 108 in. height, 132 in. canopy diameter (100 sq. ft of coverage).
*Base (50 - 80 lbs. recommended) and cover sold separately.